The MemberMouse User Community

Integrating Member Mouse with MailChimp's Group Feature

I'm migrating my email provider over to Mailchimp.

Mailchimp has this feature called Groups. It allows me to have one list and separate them into groups which is what I've been wanting to do for a while now.

I have 3 membership levels.

1: Free members
2: Regular paid members
3: Pro paid members

What I need to know is how to get MM to add the members to the specific Group that it belongs to as they purchase and upgrade?

I know I can do it by creating multiple lists, but what I need to do is use Mailchimps Group feature to allow me to do what I need done which is have one newsletter and one autoresponder sequence for all membership levels.

Any help or suggestions on how to get this done would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joey

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Joey KJoey K shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James RJames R commented  · 

absolutely **** that they promise mm/mc integration, then get this far into the system for this functionality not to exist. properly ****!

• Jay MJay M commented  · 

+1

This is an absolutely essential feature if you're going to use MailChimp effectively with MemberMouse.

• Aaron FAaron F commented  · 

Did anyone ever figure this out?

• Simon HSimon H commented  · 

We really really really really would like to have access to this feature!!!

• Jeff SJeff S commented  · 

Bump - I would love to have this feature, since it's a pretty important part of my communication strategy.

• Joey KJoey K commented  · 

anyone figure this out yet?

• alexandru dalexandru d commented  · 

Yes, this is a really great feature and easy to integrate.

• danno sdanno s commented  · 

This is not a direct answer, but I gave up on this and moved to ActiveCampaign (amazing autoresponder with tons of automation features), which can tie in with MM's API via Fuzed:http://www.fuzedapp.com/membermouse/

Don't know why MM and ActiveCampaign don't actively promote this. I had been looking at Ontraport ($300/month), but with this combo I can do everything I need for about $60!

• Joey KJoey K commented  · 

Still looking to get this done. Would love to get this feature working.

Anyone had any luck?

• Brad BlantonBrad Blanton commented  · 

Likewise, we really need group integration. There's a way with the API that you can detect a member already exists on your list and add them to a group. I need to be able to mail all my MemberMouse members from Mailchimp. Having a separate list to do that create some problems (and goes against Mailchimp best practices).

• Simon HSimon H commented  · 

I reeeeeeeeallly would like this feature as well. The Mailchimp Groups function and Membermouse Custom Fields are an obvious match, no? With 2-way sync. Then there would be endless possibilities for automation of email communications when people interact with our membership site.

At the moment I am having to update manually from membermouse to mailchimp, which wastes hours and means that things are never fully up to date.

• Bill SBill S commented  · 

I have the same scenario happening with a client now. Anyone know how this could work?

Feedback and Knowledge Base